LOCAL IMPACT Atlanta on October 12 will examine nationwide and local advertising trends in Georgia with speakers from Coca-Cola, GroundTruth, Reveal Mobile, ReachLocal and UberMedia.
CHANTILLY, Va. (September 18, 2017) Local advertising spending in the state of Georgia will reach $4.1 billion in 2017 across the state’s six local markets, according to BIA/Kelsey’s updated 2017 U.S. Local Advertising Forecast. The top six vertical market categories, which include retail, general services, financial/insurance services, automotive, technology and restaurants, represent more than 73 percent of the ad revenue with total local spending going across traditional and online/digital media.
Of the 12-media channels tracked in the firm’s forecast, the leading expenditures in Georgia include:
- Direct mail ($1.00 billion) – 24.9%
- TV Over-the-Air ($612.3 million) – 13.9%
- Online ($488.3 million) – 11.1%
- Mobile ($469.6 million) – 10.6%
- Radio Over-the-Air ($467.3 million) – 10.6%
“Like other places in the country, Georgia’s business advertisers still trend toward traditional advertising choices like direct mail and TV, however digital advertising continues to expand its share,” said Mark Fratrik, chief economist and SVP, BIA/Kelsey. “We see a major shift in ad spend over the next five years. For instance, we anticipate mobile becoming the number two media in Georgia, which will present numerous opportunities for local advertisers and ad platform solution companies.”
The firm’s forecast shows that the restaurant vertical in Georgia is projected to grow by nearly 21 percent through 2021 and that the category will put their ad spend primarily in these channels:
- Mobile (+$49.8 million)
- Online (+$12.9 million)
- Radio Online (+$2.7 million)
- Email (+$6.7 million)
- Out of Home (+$2.7 million)
BIA/Kelsey will present its Georgia state and nationwide market intelligence at its LOCAL IMPACT Atlanta event on Thursday, October 12 at the Sheraton Suites in Atlanta, GA. The event offers a half-day examination of local advertising, where ad dollars are being spent across top media in local Georgia markets and where they will migrate over the next five years. Key topics throughout the agenda include cross-platform marketing, attribution and conversion.
Keynoters at LOCAL IMPACT Atlanta include:
- Greg Chambers, global group director of digital innovation at Coca-Cola, will discuss brand activation through the delivery of tailored content message to shoppers based on smartphone data.
- Brian Handly, founder/CEO of Reveal Mobile, will discuss how mobile location data increases advertising performance.
- Michael Hayes, CRO and CMO at UberMedia, will explain how attribution related to connecting advertising to real-world foot traffic is key to validating and qualifying ad spend and for understanding competitors and trends.
- Anthony Bratti, VP of Partners & Innovation, ReachLocal, will explain key trends in small business advertising for 2018 during the Inside the Minds of SMB Advertisers – New Survey Results for 2018.
- Diana Wilkin, President – Broadcast at Share Rocket, will explore the social advertising activity of local Georgia television stations during the Share of Wallet
Details and registration can be found here.
About BIA/Kelsey’s Forecasts
BIA/Kelsey offers both nationwide and local market forecasts in its ADVantage dashboard, delivering a direct view of national and local market ad spending. For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIA/Kelsey (@BIAKelsey) combines data, analytics and insights to provide its clients with the information they need for grounded financial and strategic action. Since 1983, BIA/Kelsey has been a valuable resource for many of the leading companies in media and the financial and legal community serving media and telecom, as well as the FCC and other government agencies. Today, BIA/Kelsey offers a broad range of research, consulting services and conferences to traditional and new media companies. Learn more about BIA/Kelsey at www.biakelsey.com.
Additional information is available at http://www.biakelsey.com, on the company’s Local Media Watch blog, Twitter, and Facebook. Sign up for the company’s newsletter: Local Media Daily that covers different areas of media and technology.
 General services vertical includes a variety of professional services ranging from legal services to landscaping.