BIA/Kelsey estimates the social media advertising industry in the U.S. will grow to $31.5 billion by 2021, from $14.9 billion in 2016.
For broadcasters, social media trends create rich opportunities for significant wins around incremental ad sales and increased on-air viewing via social channel promotions and audience engagement.
Examine how broadcasters and publishers can quantify the value of their audiences to marketers and advertisers in this paper co-authored by BIA/Kelsey and Share Rocket. It spells out social media opportunities and provides a roadmap of basic strategies for success.
Why You Should Read
This report is oriented for broadcasters and publishers and offers learnings including how to:
- Understand the total addressable market in social platform advertising
- Monetize content published on social platforms
- Drive incremental ad sales via social channel promotions
- Increase on-air audience engagement via social channels
- Examine national versus local social media audience activation
- Understand the market share of major social platforms (hint – Facebook is leading the pack; Are you using this platform to its fullest extent?)
- Study the ad spending trends among SMBs that advertise on TV
- Learn how to sell social audiences like TV
Broadcast and digital executives should read this report, including:
- Owners & Operators
- SVPs of Business Development
- SVPs of advertising
- C-Level Strategists
- Marketing leadership