The vertical report, “Insights in Local Advertising – Automobile Vertical,” examines how advertising dollars are being allocated and spent in the auto vertical and its subcategories, which include auto dealers, other motor vehicle dealers, auto parts and accessory stores, tire dealers, and gas stations. The report is part of a series designed to help local media organizations understand the media spending trends and behaviors of advertisers within key vertical industries, as well as how consumer media consumption behavior drives marketing spend allocation. Latest update: August 2017.
“Technology and consumers shifting shopping behaviors have had a large impact on the auto industry, even for repair shops, gas stations and tire companies. While digital (especially mobile and targeted media) continue to grow in share of auto spend 38% of total local market spend in 2020, traditional channels continue to be the foundation of omni-channel marketing. Video is becoming more important than ever for car shoppers along their purchase and maintenance of their autos.”
The report “Insights in Local Advertising – Automotive Vertical” examines local media spending trends and consumer media usage habits in the automotive category. The report offers the following analysis:
- Profiles the automotive ad spending by media for 2016 and 2021 to reveal growth and declines.
- Outlines spending within the industry’s subcategories, which include auto dealers, other motor vehicle dealers, auto parts and accessory stores, tire dealers, and gas stations.
- Examines media’s impact on how consumers search for, purchase and maintain automobiles, as well as how consumer behavior affects marketing and media spend.
- Examines the ad spend in the top 10 U.S. markets.
- Delivers comprehensive take-aways for both media companies and platform solution providers that offer actionable advice on where businesses should focus their efforts within the automobile vertical.
Who should read this report?
- Marketers and Sales Leaders in Media and Automotive Companies
- Marketing Platform Developers
- Media Leaders seeking a strategic approach to Automakers and marketers
- Media Sales Professionals
- Analysts, Investors and Journalists
Figures and tables included in the report include:
- Online Auto Parts Shoppers
- Total Automotive Local Advertising: 2016-2021
- 2017 Distribution of Automotive Spending by Media
- 2021 Automotive Advertising Spending by Local Media
- Distribution of Online Spending by Type in 2017
- Total Automotive Advertising by Media, 2016
- 2016 Top Tire Brands
- 2016 Per Capita Automotive Advertising Spending in the Top 10 Markets
BIA has unique and proprietary data on local advertising, including historical numbers, forecasts, broadcast media databases, advertiser research and expert opinions, all refreshed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis by our research and call-out team.
Access it all now, along with reports such as the Automotive Vertical Ad Report, with BIA ADVantage.
BIA ADVantage is an online dashboard that delivers local and nationwide advertising intelligence.