GOLOCAL recognizes the best local marketing initiatives of brands, franchises and multi-location businesses, which BIA/Kelsey estimates will spend $61 billion on local media and marketing in 2016.
CHANTILLY, Va. (March 15, 2016) – BIA/Kelsey today announced the finalists for its 2016 GOLOCAL Awards, a competition that recognizes the most successful local marketing initiatives deployed by brands, franchises and multi-location businesses. Winners will be announced at the upcoming BIA/Kelsey BRANDS conference, which takes place March 22, in New York City.
“The quality of the entries for this year’s GOLOCAL competition was outstanding,” said MacKenzie Lovings, VP of marketing, BIA/Kelsey. “Congratulations to our finalists who have shared some extraordinary examples of brand-to-local marketing initiatives that are having an impact and generating revenue. BIA/Kelsey wishes to thank all who entered, as well as our panel of expert judges for their time and expertise.”
The 2016 GOLOCAL Awards were judged by a panel of brand-to-local marketing experts, featuring:
- Rex Conklin, Fortune 50 Marketing Executive
- Noah Elkin, Executive-in-Residence, BIA/Kelsey
- David Kaplan, Managing Editor, GeoMarketing
- Warren Kay, VP, Advertising, Under Armour
- Maribeth Papuga, Executive-in-Residence, BIA/Kelsey
- JonPaul Rexing, Senior Director of Sales, ESPN Hometown
2016 GOLOCAL Awards Finalists
GOLOCAL submissions were evaluated within three entry categories (innovation, sales/revenue and strategic use of digital marketing) to determine how effectively each program fulfilled its stated objectives, showed ingenuity and distinctiveness, and exemplified skillful marketing strategy. The 10 finalists announced below have been selected by the GOLOCAL judges from a highly competitive field of entries.
- “Time Warner Cable Media Auto Video Mailer Project” – Time Warner
- “Gannett Local Things To Do Apps & Behavioral-Based Analytics” – Gravy
- “Serta Goes Digital for Labor Day Promotions” – Netsertive
- “Shoe Carnival Innovates to Turn ‘Near Me’ Moments Search into ‘Next’ Moments of Conversion with Velocity” – Sim Partners’ Velocity
- “Advocate Health Care Surpasses Patient Acquisition Goals with Velocity” – Sim Partners’ Velocity
- “LAbite Partners with Metric Theory and Kenshoo to Increase Mobile Revenue by 200% and Conversions by 133%” – Kenshoo
Strategic Use of Digital Marketing Finalists
- “Fantastic Sams Franchise PPC Successes” – Location3
- “Brandmuscle Helps Insurance Agent Use National Brand and News Buzz to Generate Leads through Facebook” – Brandmuscle
- “Aloft Dulles Airport North – Optimized Local Presence” – Milestone Internet Marketing
- “Anytime Fitness – Pandora Mobile Campaign” – Pandora
Several members of the GOLOCAL judging panel will discuss this year’s finalists and announce the top three winners during a special session at the BIA/Kelsey BRANDS conference.
About BIA/Kelsey BRANDS
BIA/Kelsey BRANDS: The Brand-to-Local Marketing Summit, takes place March 22, in New York City. The summit will examine the drivers of $61 billion in spending by franchise and brand marketers targeting local audiences, as well as the roles of agencies, media and adtech/martech companies. More information about BIA/Kelsey BRANDS, including the agenda, speakers, sponsors and online registration, is available at http://www.biakelsey.com/BRANDS.
BIA/Kelsey defines, organizes and analyzes the multibillion-dollar Local Commerce Universe (LCU) for media, technology companies, brands and agencies competing in today’s multiplatform, interactive local media and marketing arena. LCU, the firm’s proprietary vision for tracking the evolving local marketplace, provides an effective framework for delivering meaningful data-driven analysis, consulting and valuation services, competitive intelligence and state-of-the-industry conferences. Learn more about BIA/Kelsey at http://www.biakelsey.com.
For more information contact: