|BIA/Kelsey’s Dataworld division offers customized mapping of coverage patterns for all commercial and non-commercial radio and television stations based on Longley-Rice Received Signal Level (RSL) calculations.
These maps can be designed to provide a wide variety of data layers such as:
- Ethnic population densities, and
- Multiple demographic breakouts.
Longley-Rice RSL calculations can be displayed either as an overlay on clear film or added to a base map. These maps depict "real world" signal coverage.
The following data can be included on a map:
- Job title
- Received antenna height
- Antenna polarization (horizontal or vertical)
- Existing station call sign and authorization)
- Proposed station criteria: transmitter coordinates, channel, class, c/r AMSL, ERP, Directional antenna
Click to see map larger
Maps are also available as a computer image (formats include jpeg, bmp, tiff.)
For printed maps, customers can choose the size of their map (base maps are available) and the film scale (1:250,000 or 1:500,000).