Local Commerce Monitor Wave 15: VLM Drilldown
Steve Marshall, 3/5/2012
This report contains data from BIA/Kelsey’s most recent Local Commerce Monitor survey (Wave 15) and is specifically tailored to Video Local Media clients.
The uptake of online video has been seen as “just around the corner” for a couple of years. The findings we’ve obtained in LCM in the past few waves have been:
· About 15 percent of SMBs are using video on their own website.
· Roughly half as many have put a video on another website, including YouTube.
· Around 30 percent of SMBs said they intend to use online video in some way over the next 12 months, but actual follow-through has been somewhat less.
Going forward, we expect to see very strong growth in all online video modalities:
- Online video ads (generally considered a more advanced type of banner ad, in which pricing is based on the number of clicks)
- Online video on SMBs’ own websites
- Videos posted to YouTube, as well as to other video hosting sites (e.g. category-specific sites, and “do-it-yourself” sites)
Copyright © 2012 BIA/Kelsey. All
This published material is for internal
client use only. It may not be duplicated or distributed in any manner
not permitted by contract. Any unauthorized distribution could result
in termination of the client relationship, fines and other civil or criminal
penalties under Federal law. BIA/Kelsey disclaims all warranties
regarding the accuracy of the information herein and similarly disclaims
any liability for direct, indirect or consequential damages that may result
from the use or interpretation of this information.
Clients may login now to access full report.