This Research Advisory presents the key top-line findings of our just-completed LCM Wave 16 survey (for the Core sample*).This research includes the following highlights:
1. Total spend on advertising and promotion is fairly stable, at about $3,000 annually. Spending intentions for the next 12 months are robust.
2. The migration from traditional to digital/online media continues.
3. SMBs continue to diversify the media they use for advertising and promotion, now using 5.8 different media on average (a large increase).
4. Social media, propelled by Facebook, appears to be rapidly evolving into a core medium for SMB advertising and promotion.
5. Mobile platforms, and the advertising/promotion formats that ride on them, have gained significant traction since Wave 15.
* The core sample includes all small-business advertisers regardless of their spending level.