Top 10 Predictions for Local Media in 2013
Interactive Local Media (ILM) is a continuous advisory service
(CAS) for companies with a stake in local search-based advertising.
ILM CAS clients have ongoing direct access to research, expert analysis
and evaluation of quantitative and qualitative data as it relates to
the locally focused digital media and advertising marketplace.
BIA/Kelsey analysts discuss the events and activities that will have the biggest effect on the local media industry this year. PDF
BIA/Kelsey was the first to recognize the local online opportunity, launching its Local Online Commerce advisory service in 1998. LOC was rebranded as Interactive Local Media in 2003. At that time, BIA/Kelsey released its first comprehensive white paper on local search, "A Closer Look at Local Search," which estimated 10 percent of local searches resulted in a buying decision.
Flash forward to today, when BIA/Kelsey's Interactive Local Media
practice is the authoritative source for research and analysis on business
models, technology, advertising models and trends in the interactive
local search and media space, offering a global view of local search,
mobile search, Internet video, small-business SEM/SEO, e-mail and reputation
management, directory assistance and free DA.
BIA/Kelsey was the first to focus on the local search industry, and we are now the leading provider of intelligence and analysis about this important space.
Outlook for U.S. Local Search (US$ Millions)
Source: BIA/Kelsey's Annual U.S. Local Media Forecast, 2010-2015 - Fall Update
The ILM Competitive Advantage
With ties to the leading Internet portals and search engines, Interactive Local Media provides site owners, investors and suppliers essential guidance, research and strategic insights into emerging trends and the impact of technology and online products on local advertisers and consumers. Clients benefit from:
- Continuous Advisory Service: Our longevity in tracking local search trends and business practices means we have a deep understanding of this space - from what's driving revenue to how smart companies are winning - which translates into a clear advantage for our clients. A long-range view of the direction for this industry and expert analysis of M&A opportunities help clients determine resource allocation and make smart investment decisions.
- Analyst Access: Access to the top local search analysts helps drive successful product and investment decisions. Our clients leverage analysts' perspectives on how industry events may affect profitability, R&D investments and business success. Peer-to-peer discussion provides a grounded view of how to maintain or build on current success.
- Local Search Community: Access to top portals and local media companies in the ILM community enables you to gain advice and insight from those who are driving and thriving in the industry.
- Broad Local Search Viewpoint: Comprehensive local search
viewpoint of online, mobile, video, SEM/SEO,
e-mail marketing, reputation management
and DA from the most experienced
- Local Search and SMB Research: Quantitative overview of SMB and local search markets, tracking the migration of offline advertisers to online. Unique understanding of how to increase SMB penetration for greater revenue production based on historical and current best practices.
- Financial Analysis and Local Search Forecasts: Insiders' view of what makes a smart local search property acquisition or investment. Provides a guidepost on how similar local media properties are performing for smart decision making.
- Trend Watch: Broad view of converging media - YP, local search,
mobile, video and DA provides clients with
more creative insights on profitable trends
and business, investment and product/service
Who Subscribes to Interactive Local Media?
Interactive Local Media clients include local media companies, shopping, search, advertising agencies, directory marketing, print and Internet Yellow Pages, newspaper and classified advertising publishers and companies with a stake in local search-based advertising, such as:
- Portals and search engines
- Advertising and SEM/SEO agencies
- Yellow Pages publishers (print and Internet)
- Reputation management platform developers
- Technology suppliers
- Mobile/wireless product and service providers
- Directory assistance and free DA companies and technology suppliers
- Investors arena