Guidance and Market Intelligence for Transforming Local TV and Radio
Digital Strategies for Broadcasting (DSB) is a continuous advisory
service (CAS) for media and technology companies engaged in local broadcasting's
transition to multiplatform strategies. DSB CAS clients have ongoing
direct access to research, expert analysis, market intelligence and
networking as it relates to the transformation of broadcast media and
its network of partners.
Examining the Local Cross-Platform Video Ecosystem
Watch this webinar to learn more about emerging business models supporting the video marketplace, our recent market research, and the actual ad dollars being realized in local markets for ad categories like fast food restaurants and automotive stores.
Webinar Video | PDF
Today, traditional media outlets must evolve to participate in more areas of the media ecosystem and develop multiplatform, multiple revenue strategies. This requires new workflow, partnerships, business models and resources. It also requires strategy, creativity, market intelligence and competitive assessments.
BIA/Kelsey's Digital Strategies for Broadcasting advisory service provides the research and analysis on business models, multiplatform strategies, technology, advertising models and industry trends that will enable local broadcasters to claim their share of the new local media ecosystem.
Steady Shift Toward Digital Media
Source: BIA/Kelsey's Annual U.S. Local Media Forecast (2009-2014)
The DSB service analyzes, assesses and anticipates how the changing local media landscape will affect the broadcaster community and its supporting network of vendors and technology providers. Clients of DSB receive strategic guidance and market intelligence to assist them in making important business decisions.
Advancing Partnering Opportunities
Partnering will continue to accelerate as media companies recognize their incredible strengths and their limitations. Therefore, DSB pays special attention to the opportunities and challenges of partnering across traditional media boundaries.
The Digital Strategies for Broadcasting Advantage
Being a Continuous Advisory Services client is not just about access to BIA/Kelsey's vast library of important data and reports. The real value comes through the individual and personalized attention clients receive from our analysts - a team of knowledgeable, globally recognized and trusted subject matter experts who provide:
- Continuous Advisory Services: Benefit from a focus on digital platforms and technologies for broadcast media. Our industry experts guide you in applying relevant data to your business, offer insights regarding your specific business strategy, provide you with introductions to key players that align with your business strategy, and offer financial expertise and identify or facilitate funding opportunities.
- Analyst Access: Access to the top broadcast and digital media analysts covering areas such as media business models, revenue development, strategy, financial trends, technology trends, regulatory and policy, and valuation helps drive successful product and investment decisions. Our clients leverage analysts' perspectives on how industry events may affect profitability, R&D investments and business success. Peer-to-peer discussion provides a grounded view of how to maintain or build on current success.
- Broad Local Media Viewpoint: BIA/Kelsey provides a comprehensive local media viewpoint across 12 local media advertising platforms, including broadcast, online, search, mobile, directories and social media, from the most experienced source.
- Proprietary Research: Studying the shifting patterns of advertisers and users of traditional and digital media.
Who Subscribes to Digital Strategies for Broadcasting?
Clients of DSB are companies with a stake in the future of the broadcast business, including:
- Broadcast groups
- Local TV and radio stations
- Digital advertising technology and service providers
- Financial institutions and investment firms focused on the broadcast industry
- Suppliers and advisors to the local broadcast industry such as attorneys, engineers, equipment suppliers and software vendors
- Advertising agencies
- Trade associations